STDs Community
Post flu symptoms

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Post flu symptoms

My exposure was recieving oral from an unknown male. Deepthroating involved.

About a month ago I started Getting flu symptoms. Fatigue, night sweats, melaise, my tongue became white. At three weeks I got a full std panel and HIV test everything came back negative. Dr prescribed me Zithromax even though it came back negative for Chlamidya.
That gave me upset stomach followed by Diarrihea for 3 days. Then sores appeared on my tongue. Related to Zithromax, not sure.

At 4 weeks I started getting sores on my tongue and frequent urination had been happening since symptoms arrived. I went and got another HIV test at 4 weeks and a day. It came back negative. I went to a HIV/std specialist in NYC and got hepatits and syphillis (syphilis) tested for in my blood and she called me back a week later saying my blood levels were all good and no reason to be concerned. I asked about HiV she said proteins would help give an indication and she didnt see a problem.

Three days ago with fatigue and other symptoms dying down I started getting pressure in my head that turned into a light headache. The head ache was towards the front of my head on top. I also started getting a pulsing pain in my armpit that would come and go. Today I feel as if my brian is swelling. Can't think that well and slightly blurred vision with constant urge to go pee. Not sure what to do now. Please can anyone help? Is the a nasty flu or a nasty std?
Has nothing to do with a STD.
Why do you think that? Feel like im infected with something. It's evident on my tongue (white with sores) that my body has been battling something.

Never been Ill before. I don't know what to do next. I don't have a regular Doc in nyC. No insurance doesn't help so I don't know which doc to see next on my situation. I took a stab at going the std route just because I had synptoms of HIV, I know that's not a likely thing to occur from a half hr blow job from a random man. But 2 weeks after it hit me, coincidence? My girlfriend starte getting a sore throat and swollen gland, fatigued with frequent urination and headaches. Worried It got passed onto her from the one encounter ever.

If anyone could point me in the right direction to this viral thing; please and thank you!
I say it has nothing to do with a STD because symptoms are not of a STD. Not sure what it could be.
I'm still getting mild fever and new symptoms.
I was going to test for HiV again at 6 weeks. Reason being at 5 weeks I felt by body finally started to fight (possible antibodies finally showing up).

I know you and the rest of the board feel like its very unlikely but this male prob was HIV positive that gave me oral and two weeks later I felt something I never felt before in my body. Started to shut down.

Just want to make sure, thoughts?
no reason to continue getting tested for hiv. you aren't going to contract hiv from oral sex and you are wasting time and money with getting tested repeatedly for it.

many things can cause these sorts of symptoms. most of them are viral and just need to run their course. continue to follow up with providers as needed, no reason for more std testing in general. If you don't have insurance, call your local health department to see what your local no cost/low cost options are.

grace
my girlfriend as well. I wont spend 100 more dollars on getting tested tomorrow and worry and wait the 30 minutes and dreaded phone call! Such a relief. I'll keep in eye out as these symptoms die away or progress. I got a urine test today and hoping my mouth problems and headaches eventually run its course. If not I'll go to a mouth specialist. Thanks again!!!
and stay faithful in future.  If you hadn't been unfaithful, you wouldn't be having these worries now and would probably find it easier to accept that you have viral illness.  Have to agree though that your symptoms would certainly worry me especially given unprotected sex (oral or otherwise) from a stranger.  Very selfish that you have also exposed your girlfriend and possibly others to this.  Lesson learned I hope!