STDs Expert Forum
Problem?

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Problem?

Am a man who had unprotected oral sex from CSW in UAE about 8 days ago, as well as masturbation on her breasts.  Very soon after that (an hour?) I noticed a very slight stinging sensation on the tip of my penis, and slight burning sensation when I pee. Nothing that's really painful, and nothing I would think much about except for the history. From obsessively reading the forum, I learned that this was low-risk activity, and I think it's the case that my symptoms are too mild and came too soon to be a real problem. However, someone on the std international forum reported similar symptoms and was told to get tested because of std risk. Currently the symptoms have neither worsened nor improved. No signs of sores or discharge or anything else. Should I be worried?
Tags: Breast
Welcome to the Forum.  You indicate that your symptoms began within hours of the exposure.  This is not suggestive of an infection as it takes several days for infections to establish themselves and to cause symptoms.  My guess would be that if the sensations you are noting began so soon and have persisted this is more an indication of your focus on your genitals than a true infection.  If you are really worried, an evaluation for NGU and gonorrhea might give you peace of mind but personally, the situation you describe is not sufficiently worrisome that I recommend testing for any reason other than to provide you with peace of mind.

I hope this comment helps.  EWH
Thank you. That more or less is what I expected you to say re STDs, but good to hear that directly from you. Fascinating to me that anxiety might be the cause of what seems like a real physical symptom, although not a particularly troublesome one. Are there other kinds of minor infections it could be that I could treat with something, or should I just focus on other things and wait for it to go away?
Certainly, one possiblity that comes to mind is a fungal infection.  The trauma (friction) related to sex could have facilitated the initiation of a fungal infection near the entrance of the penis.  Otehr possiblities could be explored with a knowledgable health care provider such as a dermatologist.  EWH
Thanks. As long as not an STD, I think I will just wait it out and see if it disappears on its own. I really appreciate the advice. Very helpful.