STDs Community
Prostatisis and Lymph Nodes

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Prostatisis and Lymph Nodes

hello and hi im a 25 year old male who had been experiencing some rectal discomfort from like april of this year i was also treated for chlamydia back in april of this year as well and up till lately didnt kno i was suffering from prostatitis until a specialist who confirmed this by doing a rectal exam i think its called  ruled that out last week and put me on Ciproflaxin for 7 days i recently completed it an also have been doing warm water salt sits and thats seems to be somewhat working he also said at my age i should not be having this problem i must also add that i did my HIV 1 and 2 test in april and its negative thats possibly night months after being with my present girlfriend shes also negative my VDRL, Mono and FBC are all clean im just experiencing some lymph node problems which the specialist says could arrive from me having this infection he gave me an additional  10 day supply of Levofloaxcin 1 pill a day for 10 days and i have to go see him back in 6 weeks im also havin some joint and back pains i dont kno if all of that happens when u have prostatitis. im jus looking for ideas cause i hurt all over elbows, knees, neck just hurts please shed some light on what can be wrong and what other steps i can take

the chlamydia test in april is cause my girl friend said she had some pains while peeing and all then couple weeks after her mentioning she had that is  when my pains started experiencing back pains and and painful urination also back pains i was given doxycycline and flagyl which seemed to have cleared it up its around the same time in april thats when i started with the rectal discomfort i kno ive read that std's can cause prostitus in young male like myself who is jus 25 im scared too cause i have lymph nodes poppin up and pains in my neck, and underarm at times which go and come soo too is a mild pelvic pain is really discomforting cause im reading bacterial prostitus can cause infertility and im pose to get married next year to my gf and i dnt want to be told i cant have kids that would really crush me and us both i kno in 2006 i had a UTI i dnt know if its this that has caused this pain and discomfort im going trough i also have headaches and chest pains i dont know if its from the medicines im taking but i kno i have to go check the specialist in 6 weeks he said its nothing to worry bout but he also mentioned someone my age shouldnt have this problem i must also mention im havin some dull shin pain as well

This discussion is related to srd? prostatitis?.
I'm going to let others answer most of this, but a lot of doctors will discount prostatitis as a possibility in younger men, thinking its impossible for them to have it.  However, we've seen a lot of men around your age here with it.

AJ
This is a continuation of the prostatitis thread here -

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/show/329120

Aj
ok aj thnx alot i will follow on with it
i also have been reading that prostatisis can also cause infertility that part worries me cause i am due to get married next year and that would be such a heartbreak to tell my girlfriend that we cant have kids :(
Well, don't start worrying too much about this yet.  I know how hard - trust me, I get it - but take one step at a time.

Aj
thnx alot for ur adice