STDs Expert Forum
Protected Oral Sex but Inverse Psoriasis
About This Forum:

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Protected Oral Sex but Inverse Psoriasis

4 weeks ago I had Protected Oral Sex with a Sex Worker in the Red Light District of Amsterdam.  2 Weeks after this I began feeling a discomfort in both arm pits, thought this might be swollen glands, but did not feel any bumps or pain when I felt under my arms.  This discomfort has come and gone over the past two weeks again with no bumps or pain to the touch.  Since then I seem to constantly being checking my armpits and glands under my chin to see if they are swollen.  I have had a lot of anxiety over this and can not stop thinking I may have exposed myself to HIV.

While the condom was used properly and did not break, I am concerned that I may have been exposed because I have inverse psoriasis with red/pink patches at the base of my penis.  I do not believe that the psoriasis patches had any broken skin to the best of my knowledge.  Here are my questions:

1.  Is there a risk of STD's or HIV from Protected Oral Sex?

2.  Does having inverse psoriasis put me at higher risk in this situation if the areas of psoriasis were not visably bleeding or having dry flaky skin?

3.  If my glands were swollen would the pain/discomfort come a go, and how would I be able to tell if they are truly swollen?

Very worried...please help.

Thank you!