STDs Community
Protected oral

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Protected oral

Dear all, I have read numerous posts but just wanted to get confirmation if my conclusions are correct. I had an episode of protected oral from SW week ago. Condom did not break and the episode was just few minutes long. What I read is that there is a small chance of getting herpes or syphilis from this act. I have already oral herpes from childhood so I should be immune to that? So it leave me with a small chance getting syphilis. To get syphilis I assume her mouth should have been in direct contact with the uncovered part of my penis (base of the penis)? I am not sure if that even happened or if it did it was just for few moments - as I remember she was avoiding any skin contact as well. What do you think, am I seeing the ghost or there is a real risk getting syphilis in that way?
protected oral sex is about as safe as it gets. no risk for a std from it. no reason for any worry or testing.

yes, having hsv1 orally means you aren't likely to contract hsv1 genitally from unprotected oral sex.

grace
Grace, many thanks for prompt response, I really appricate that!
So syphilis is out of question as well even if she by accident was in contact with uncovered area?
Merry Christmas to you!
Most likely. Oral syphilis is not common and not just going to transmit from a brief touch of a syphilis sore.