STDs Community
Protected sex and scary now

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

Protected sex and scary now

I am an 27 year old male, I had a protected sex with a sex worker 5 months ago and thought there was no risk in that. After reading some articles and started researching in internet and came to know that it is not completely safe which scares me now.

I never had sex before and after this encounter, the sex worker had 2 condoms with her, with the first one she gave me blow job for 3 min and used a new condom for vaginal intercourse which lasted only 2 mins.  After that I removed the condom and washed by penis ans left the place. I did not see any condom breakage and I not sure whether there was leakage or not.

This happened 5 months ago and i had a flu shot just a week before that. I am worried now that I could be infected with HIV or other STD's, Moreover i assume that because of flu shot my antibodies where up and functioning quick time and I that's why i did  not feel any symptoms of HIV.

I have the following Question now.

1) Do i need to get tested for HIV? (Since i don't know the status of the sex worker) and i am scared it could come out positive.

2) Is it so easy to catch HIV in this sexual intercourse.

Please help me out.
we recommend protected sexual contact because it works! No it's not 100% protection but it's significant for all std's and there is no need for any std testing from this encounter.  

grace
Thank you for your reply
One more question apart from other STD's is there any chance of getting HIV on this encounter? which is what makes me worried.
Can someone pleas help me on the above question
Hello.

Grace pretty much answered your question, "there is no need for any std testing from this encounter.   "

Hence, there is no need for any STD testing, this includes HIV.   Good thing you wore a condom.

Thank you so much