STDs Community
Protected sex; back pain, genital discomfort

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Hi there.  OK, so I have had a few indiscretions with high-risk women.  Two very quick protected vaginal penetrations (lasting less than a minute each), and a few protected oral sex performed on me.  The last penetration occurred 3 weeks ago, and the condom slipped a tiny bit, but not much, and all of the penis shaft that was inserted remained covered.  The slippage occurred as I pulled out I believe (90% sure on that).  The last instance (oral sex) occurred 2 weeks ago.  All instances, as I've said, were with protection.  No rips or tears or major slippage of condoms.  Each woman swore they were regularly tested and clean, but who knows how much I could trust that.

At one point, probably two months ago (after the first protected oral), I got what felt like a really bad flu.

At of the end of last week, I started getting lower back pain and some lower abdominal discomfort.  I also had some testicular heaviness and discomfort.  Just a general soreness, mainly in the right testicle.  I did a testicular exam, and the epididymis was fairly sore to the touch.  I don't believe I've had any discharge.  None that I can notice.  There was a slight bit of discomfort/ichyness at the tip around/in the hole for a day or so a week and a half ago, but that seems to have gone away.  I also must admit that I doused my genitals and penis with hand sanitizer after each encounter.  Possibly that caused the irritation? The urine is yellow, not discolored.  No fever, but general achyness.  I also do have IBS, and I have had some bowel irregularity and discomfort this past week too.

I did develop a lesion on my leg about a week and a half ago, which has mostly healed now, but I think that was a mosquito bite.  I also have a little lesion on my gums where the tooth meets the gum, but that may be from over brushing and holding listerine in there too long.

I have no idea what lead me to do such things.  I am married, with a child.

Do I have anything to worry about?  About HIV?  Syphilis?  Chlamydia?  Gonorrhea?  Should I get a full STD panel?  Or am I worrying for nothing since I used protection that did not fail.  I don't want to ruin my life, or the life of my wife or child.  I don't want to give my wife anything.  I'm never doing something so stupid again...

PLEASE HELP!
gracefromHHP, it seems like you are the guru on these things.  Might I impose on you to take a look at my question?  I know you are very busy, and probably only get on here every few hours.  Thanks.  Sorry for the imposition.
Starting on Tuesday morning, I've now had diarrhea/loose, watery stools for the past 3 days.  Could this be an indication of me having contracted HIV from one of these above-described experiences?
Hi and welcome. Im not a doctor but have some experience. From  what you describe you are a low risk for STD and pretty much zero for HIV.
Your discomfort is most likely from touching yourself, and putting the alcahol (alcohol) sanitizer on your senitive penis and probably been doing a lot of touching a feeling making it worse.
The lower back pain could be from the intercouse.
If you had gonorrhea youd have white/yellow discharge and burning in about 5 days after and in 10 days it would be so bad youd go to the ER. With clymidia the symptoms more softer. same white discharge but the burning would be more of an itching.
If you would feel better go see a doc