STDs Community
Protected sex; unprotected oral - STD risk?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Protected sex; unprotected oral - STD risk?

I have had a few indiscretions with high-risk women. 5 or so quick, fully protected vaginal insertions total (2 since November). During these, I am fairly certain all of the penis shaft that was inserted remained covered and I had no noticeable open sores on my penis shaft. No rips or major slippage of condoms. I have also had 10 or so fully protected oral incidents total (2 since November).  However, I have foolishly had one incident of unprotected oral, both giving and receiving, which was a little over a week ago (along with protected vaginal intercourse). After the incident, she swore she was clean, both face to face and over the phone, and asked if I wanted to see her papers. During this latest encounter, with the unprotected giving/receiving oral, I was on 500 mg clarithromycin, twice daily.  I had been on it for about 4 days.  Two days ago, I had unprotected sex with my wife, and was still on the antibiotic when I had my encounter with my wife.  I was on it for a sinus infection.  

I was also on antibiotics for the same thing (sinus) either during or immediately after my other encounter I have had since November, and that was augmentin.

At of the end of last week, I started getting lower back pain and some lower abdominal discomfort.  I have also had some testicular discomfort.  Just a general soreness, mainly in the right testicle. I don't believe I've had any discharge.  None that I can notice.  How noticeable would it be?  I keep checking during/after urination and everything seems like urine.  I dab the tip and never find wetness except for a few minutes after urination. There was a slight bit of general ache a couple times in what felt like inside the shaft, but only a couple of times. I also must admit that I doused my genitals and penis with hand sanitizer after each encounter. The urine is yellow, not discolored.  No fever, but general achyness, muscle soreness, tiredness.  I also do have IBS, and I have had some bowel irregularity and discomfort this past week too.

Should I get a full STD panel?  Or am I worrying for nothing? I don't want to ruin my life, or the life of my wife or child.  I don't want to give my wife anything.  We had unprotected sex two days ago on her insistence (it was unexpected), and now I am worrying like crazy.

And can I assume I have not given my wife anything? Safe to continue unprotected sex with her?
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
580755_tn?1357673215
You can't assume anything. If your worried about giving anything to her then why not stop with other women?

You had a low risk encounter but for her safety just test.
Gonorrhea and chlamydia-1 week
syphilis-6 weeks
herpes-3 months
hiv-not needed based on above exposures-3 months
Blank
I am stopping. Consider me stopped. I have no idea what I was thinking. What are my risks based on these encounters?
Blank
580755_tn?1357673215
Low risk based on condom use and oral sex without protected is low risk.
Blank
Thank you, Vance.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
STDs Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703