STDs Community
Protected sex with prostitute. STD chance?

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Hi, I'll get straight to the point. After a very stupid decision, I had protected sex with a so-called "escort" (prostitute, of course) on June 24, 2014.

Before the act, she touched my penis directly (uncircumcised, so she only touched it over the foreskin) with her hands. I did not touch her vagina or anything close to it and our genitals did not have direct contact.

I then retracted my penis' foreskin and put on the condom myself, penetrated her (only half way inside, since I was very stressed) and withdrew after about 30 or 40 seconds. There was no ejaculation and her thighs and vulva never touched the base of my penis or any other unprotected skin. I then carefully removed the condom, threw it in the trash can and that was it. The condom did not break or slip off my penis at any moment.

I have two questions: 1) What are the chances that I had caught any kind of STI or STD (HIV, HPV, Herpes, Syphilis, Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, etc) and 2) How long should I wait before getting tested for any of them?

I would really appreciate any help and advice.
Overall your risk was low, see no real reason for testing.
Hi Vance. Thank you very much for your reply.

Could you please elaborate on how and why you believe the risk was low and there is no reason for testing? It would really help to put my mind at ease.

Thanks again, Vance.
Because protected sex is very low risk. From a one time enounter don't really recommend testing because most likely no transmission.
Ok, thank you. From what you guys have answered in my post on the HIV Prevention Community, I am at zero risk. But what about other STIs? I will eventually get tested for everything, but the wait is killing me.

What about HPV? I've read there is no way to test men for it. Do I just pray that I haven't got it?

What about HSV? My urologist told me that without lessions, I am most likely clear at 3 weeks, but how accurate is this?

I was really careful not to touch her genitals' skin with my unprotected skin (hence the really shallow penetration; practically only the glans (glands) went in), but I don't know if that helps.
HPV-no test in men. HSV-for more info post in that forum.
What about your previous low risk assessment? Does that apply to HSV and HPV too?
Yes
So what would be the most probable STDs to contract from an encounter like mine?

Again, I was really careful not to touch her genitals' skin or thighs with my unprotected skin (hence the really shallow penetration; practically only the glans (glands) went in), but I don't know if that helps.

Thank you for all the advice and apologies for my insistence.
HSV, HPV, syphilis-but it's not common.