STDs Expert Forum
Question Regarding Chlamydia or Yeast Infection / Anal Warts

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

I recently tested positive for Chlamydia, about 3 weeks ago, and was given Doxicyclene to cure it which it did.  The girl, who I believe gave it to me is the first girl in over 6 months that I've had sex with.  So naturally I blamed her.  But this is the confusing part, after I tested positive for it I told her the circumstances and explained how I felt that she was the one who gave me Chlamydia because I hadn't had any other partners in the past 6 months.  So she got extremely worried and went to see the doctor for an std test.  Recently she just got the results back and it came back negative for all stds, however she did have a yeast infection.  Now here's my question, can a guy get a yeast infection from a girl who has one, and if so can it sometimes be easily mistaken for Chlamydia.  Also, is it at all possible for a yeast infection to cause a Chlamydia test to come up positive?  If you could help out with some info that would be great, because this whole thing is totally confusing to me.  And what is the best and most effective treatment for anal warts, I had a girlfriend 3 years ago that infected me with hpv and god knows how but they have somehow gotten around my anal area.  At first they started very small but slowly they've grown larger.  There are a whole bunch of them now, none around my penis thankfully, just around my anal opening.  In the past month I've had them frozen twice with liquid nitrogen and it appears that that's helped a little, but there are still quite a few there.  Should I just keep having them frozen and hopefully each time there will be less?
Warts often occur in the anal area in both women and men, including straight men.  Keep having them frozen; also ask your doctor about other treatments that can be used between freezings, such as podofilox (Condylox) or imiquimod (Aldara).

Yeast and chlamydia are entirely different infections, not easily mistaken for chlamydia.  Your situation really isn't all that confusing.  Remember that almost all infections go away by themselves.  (Before antibiotics came along, most people with pneumonia didn't die; it just took a long time for the infection to clear up.)  This is true for chlamydia.  So if there is only one person from whom you could have caught chlamydia and she tested negative, it just means her infection cleared up before the test was done. It's also positive you were infected with chlamydia for more than 6 months.  Also, the tests aren't perfect; false results sometimes occur.

Good luck--  HHH, MD
1 Comment
A related discussion, Anal chlamydia was started.
A related discussion, chlamydia was started.