Question about Penicillin VK
Hi.  I'm just wondering if it is safe to take Penicillin VK to treat an STD that you MAY have.  Well, I had intercourse with a couple people (without protection) that I found out later on, "get around" a lot.  A friend of mine just got his wisdom teeth pulled and the doctor prescribed him a ton of Penicillin VK.  He told me that it also kills STD's like Chlamydia and Gonorrhea.  Would it be safe for me to take them (say twice a day) and I think there is like 12 of them left, or would it be pointless? I'm 20, and healthy, and not allergic to anything(that I know of).  Please help me out if you can.

Thanks a lot!
Sorry we can not tell you it's safe to take any kind of medication, espically since it was not even prescribed to you.
If you are worried about an STD, go to a Dr for testing.
Never self medicate, because it can cause side effects, it might not take the right medication to cure you and by taking it without being diagnosed, if you don't have an STD then if you were ever exposed to it then it might not be treatable with that same medication.

Also when you here people say that someone has "gotten around" it's not always the truth. Guys will lie about who they had sex with to make themselves look better in front of friends. And since you say your are sexually active, wear condoms so you don't have to worry about STD's.
Well, is Penicillin VK used to treat those 2 STDs?  And no, I'm very sure that these people have been around a lot.  One of them told me.  Also, can taking Penicillin VK and while taking Acai berry be dangerous as well?
No one here can advise you on medication. You need to speak to a Dr about that. And do not self medicate. Since you are worried get tested.

Ok so one girl told you she had been around a lot-before or after sex?
Oh, weird you cannot advise someone.  I think a doctor would be able to though I'm guessing you're not one.  

And I have my facts about the girls, we don't need to go into details .

Can anyone tell me if Penicillin VK is used to treat Chlamydia and Gonorrhea?
This is not the Dr's form. They do not look at questions here. if you want you can post this same question in the Dr's form the cost is $15.

My point was asking you if you were notified before or after sex-was to say why would you have unprotected sex at all but in this case knowing that they "got around".

I believe you have gotten solid advice about getting tested, if you wish to ignor the advise and go your own root then so be it.
No, those aren't used commonly to treat STDs.

As Vance stated, we aren't doctors in this community.  If you had been tested, and had a script, we could tell you if that was appropriate, but you don't have that.

We always advocate testing and against self-treating.  For one, you don't know if you even need it, and taking meds you don't need is a great way to build resistance, and you don't know truly what kind of side effects this could have.

Ultimately, its your decision, but you asked us for our advice, and got it.

Aj
To answer your question, Chlamydia is NOT treated with penicillin. A high percentage of gonorrhea is not sensitive to penicillin, I recommend you go to your nearest Health department clinic or Doctor to be tested and to receive the proper meds. Remember to always wear condoms to protect yourself. Your sex partners should be tested and treated also.  Take care.
yes i have read that penicillin vk can be used to cure infections such as bacterial, shphyllis, chlamydia, and gonorrhea. just do the research yourself or go to a doctor for help. I am not saying I am positive about this. I am just saying that I read this before
Penicillin isn't the best treatment for any std but syphilis.  You can't be assured of a cure if you use it for something else.

Aj