STDs Community
Question about doctors diagnosis and antibotics.

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

So im a 18 year old male with endless history of hypercondria, and recently i went to 2 separate doctors about a bump i found on my foreskin. Im not very sexually experienced, ive only recieved unproctected oral sex once around 6 and a half months ago. This bump isnt painful, itchy or anything along those lines, at first i was concerned it was a wart due to its flat raised apperance. It is located at the very top of the foreskin amongst the creases. I went to a walk in clinic with my concerns and the doctor told me to apply polysporin for 1-2 weeks and it should clear up. Not really satisfied with my diagnosis i made an appointment with my GP and she said it isnt a wart, if it looked like an std it would be herpes but she assured me its very unlikely because it doesnt look charectieristic to herpes, she said it is most likely follicultis and gave me 2% FUCIDIN cream to apply for seven days. One the first night i applied it i woke up to find a split down the middle of this lump again not painful and it scabbed over within 12 hours (would antibiotics make this happen?) there was no discharge or fluid that i could see. Im about 3 and a half days into the cream and the redness is mostly gone, the bump appears to have decreased in size by about 25%. Also it may be important to note that my mother informed me that she messed up our dettergent and since i have sensistive skin around the same time i had a rash on my leg and buttocks that she said was an allergic reaction its been a week and its almost gone. It may also be important to note that i am very active with working out daily, i go into the hot tub and sauna frequently also. My question is does my doctors diagnosis of follicuits fit? or would it be more appropriate to say its herpes? also once im done my antibiotic cream cycle should this lump be totally cleared up? or still a little raised until the scab has fallen off?
Thanks for the help im just psyching myself out,
In Addition,
Also my lymph nodes in my pubic area were a little swollen and after applying the cream for this time period the lymph nodes have reduced in size and almost normal.
I removed your other post since it was the same. please read our read before posting post on the forum for the guidelines of posting here. thanks!

really no reason to doubt your providers diagnosis. not likely you contracted a std from receiving oral 6 months ago let alone it causing you symptoms now.

grace
Have an STDs question?
100,000+ doctor answers