STDs Community
Questions about STD's (will award best answer)

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Hey there,

I have some very important STD questions.

1) I have heard that Hepatitis A is transmitted trough feces. If I licked the lower back a virgin and the top of her rear, are there any chances of contamination? And inst vaccination for Hep A standard?

2) A virgin once touched my penis after touching the penis of another guy who I am pretty sure was a virgin since this happened when we were just young kids. If I didn't get genital warts at the time, then there is no problem, right?

3) Also, I have read that STD's can be transmitted from mother to daughter during pregnancy. If so, how long would a child survive if not treated for their condition? Would the condition be apparent? I am curious since a virgin once licked my penis and I was worried maybe somehow she had an STD from her parents even thought I don't really have any proof of this.

4) Is it worth getting tested for? If so, what kind of test?

5) My last and final question, if a person would take a general blood test more then 2 years after the last sexual encounter he had and nothing came up, does that mean he is safe? Can HIV and other STD's be detected with just a simple blood test?

Thank you so much, if someone answers my questions correctly, you will have the best answer award as well as my eternal gratitude.

I think it does put you at even a "less at risk", considering it was 2 licks.  Even way lesser than I mentioned in the previous post ---and that was pretty darn low to begin with.

You can go home now.  

1) the chances are low for Hep A from doing this.   Vacination for children for hep A/B are being encouraged.  Its best to get the Vacincation Hep A before you travel outside of your home territory.

2) Yes, Correct.  You were at ZERO risk for genital warts from this.

3) Your friend who "onced liked your penis" does not have STDs.  Don't worry about this.
4) Not for licking someone's vigina (vagina)/giving oral sex recieving oral sex.
5) He/she would be "safe" and HIV is detected with a simple blood test
    gonorrhea, chlamydia and ngu are NOT simple blood tests, they are simple urine tests.
What would be the symptoms of something like Gonorrhea after 2 years?
Extreme pain in testicles or prostate.

Therefore, If after 2 years and a general blood test (it wasent an std test), there is no pain...nothing to worry about:)
If your saying that within the last two years you've only had that oral sex and the encounter you describe in 2), then yeah, you  shouldn't worry.  These are low risk encounters.
Sorry to bother one last time Jessy but just to clarify,

The oral sex was two licks of my penis, that's all. As far as I know, she did not have any cold sores or any blood that would have touched me.

AS for the encounter in 2), that happened about 8 years ago.

Does that put me even less at risk if I haven't had any symptoms? I once had a small pimple on my penis but it went away when I washed and never came back. The doc said it was nothing.

Thank you so much Jesse.

You can go home now.