STDs Community
Questions on getting Molluscum Contaglosum

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

My GF recently was diagnosed with Molluscum Contaglosum. She had an outbreak on the inside of her upper thighs. I don't have any symptoms. Neither of us has been with anyone else in 2 1/2 years. I read all the ways you can get this & none apply. The only thing I can think of is we have been on several road trips lately. One in January & one last summer. Probably stayed in motels 40 - 50 times or so. Is it possible to get this from blankets/sheets/towels in a motel? The reason I asked this is it mentions getting it at the gym. I have noticed bumps on this area on her in the past (can't remember when, 6 months, a year or more?) but never though much about it because there was only 1 pump. This time there are several ( 6 - 8 ) but she has been overly stressed lately (Mom passing, pneumonia, etc). Or is it possible to have this for 2 1/2 years?   Thanks,  Bill
more likely she recently picked it up elsewhere. does she swim or go to the gym?

grace
Thank you Grace, No she doesn't swim, go to the gym or jacuzzi anywhere. So when you mention getting it at the gym your referring to swimming or using the jacuzzi their? Of course when I said we have been in a monogamous relationship that doesn't mean she couldn't have cheated. Is there a 100% chance that this if from cheating? 95/05 chance? 90/10 chance?  Thanks for the replies,  Bill
you've had to ask her if she's had other partners. no way to know for sure just because of MC.
Thank you Grace! If she did sleep with someone else she'd never admit it. So  I'll give her the benefit of doubt. Although it seems strange that if she got it from somewhere other than an affair it would only show up on her thighs! I guess I must remember this is a medical forum, not a relationship forum! Thanks again!   Bill