STDs Expert Forum
Quick Question

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Quick Question

I had protected sex with a stripper at a strip club, I have a quick question. The condom was completely intact, when we finished I left the condom on for 1-2 minutes until I could get to the bathroom and properly remove it with a tissue . I'm wondering could I have contracted anything from my penis making contact with the inside of my underwear, as the condom that was used for sex was left on and made contact with the inside of my underwear until 2 minutes later when I could properly take the condom off . I was wondering if my penis making contact with  my underwear could possibly contract gonnerhea or chlaymidia,  as her liquids from the condom certainly rubbed against my underwear , and I then my uncovered penis was making contact with the area that the condom did .

Please advise , thank you
Welcome to the Forum and thanks for your question.  For starters it is unlikely that your partner had an STD- most commercial sex workers do not.  In addition however, it is often surprising to our clients that the only way to get STDs is through penetrative sexual activity and that interactions which lead to contact with genital secretions or clothing contaminated with genital secretions never lead to STD transmission. There are several reasons for this including that the organism begin to die on exposure to the environment, that they have a tendency to "stick to" and stay with the fibers which make up material, and that the friction and "to and fro" activity associated with intercourse tends to help cause infection.  For all of these reasons, that your penis may have been indirectly in contact with genital secretions is a no risk event.

I hope my comment is helpful.  there is no reason for concern and no reason for testing.  EWH
Thank you for your fast professional reply, you both are tremendous.
I'm glad i could help. EWH