STDs Community
Raised spot on head of penis, Warts?

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Raised spot on head of penis, Warts?

Ok so im not sure if this is anything at all, but I am a worrier, and a medical school student, so small things like this scare me. Also, I am at school right now so I am unable to go to my doctor at this particular moment.

Back to my question though, on the read of my penis, there appears to be two raised spots, fairly close to each other, that seem to be like a raised "wrinkle" on my penis head when I am flaccid. I have not noticed the bumps when I am hard though (I am circumcised). So I was wondering if warts would be just as noticeable when I am hard?  Or would they flatten out? Also, am I just worrying or is this is common in circumcised men? Or if this could be genital warts?

Thank you

Mike
you posted about this previously. did you ever go and be seen and get a proper exam as advised to do?

grace
that was a different situation, and I did get it checked out, it turned out to be just friction caused from having sex, making the area sore. this is a new issue ive just noticed.

So is that true about the warts? would they stay the same size erect and flaccid?
A few more questions as well, once treated, do genital warts go away for good? I know the virus would sstill be present, but wasnt sure if the warts would reoccur or not?
I have been using this source, and was wondering if it was legitimate:

http://www.mckinley.illinois.edu/handouts/genital_warts.html

also, once warts are "resolved" (it says 1-2 years) you would never have another outbreak again? is this true?
sorry, my last comment i promise, (sometimes i think i know too much for my own good...), but if i transmit it to my partner, will she develop warts? or is there a chance she would just have the virus and not the warts?
Finally, is it true that genital warts cannot be transmitted to the moth via oral sex?

i promise im done now, thank you in advance.
these don't really sound like warts at this point.  

typically once warts go away, if they haven't reoccurred in a year, any obvious genital warts after that are a newly acquired infection that is a different type.

have you had your gardasil shots for hpv yet?   has your partner?

yes, hpv can be transmitted through oral sex.
what to you ruled out warts? just wondering is all. I do have an appointment for wednesday, but i am nervous. also is the vinegar test reliable?
no, the vinegar test isn't reliable.

usually warts are diagnosed visually though they can also be cut off and sent to the lab to confirm that they are indeed hpv related.
Hey grace, just wanted to let you know that Iwent to my doctor today, and he had trouble seeing the bump and when he did, he said it was nothing to worry about as he could not feel any mass related with it.  
glad you are getting better answers :)
Was that sarcasm? Or were you serious?
I was completely serious.  not sure why you thought it was sarcasm?