STDs Community
Rare std?

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Rare std?

I went to my obgyn after dating a guy thru the summer and having unprotected sex he said that he had been tested and was fine but I had heard that he had "something" but they said they might be confused with another person.  Anyway the first time after we had sex three weeks later I had severe diarrhea then the last time we had sex was at the middle/end of aug. Then in september I had a very bad chest congestion with a dry cough, mild fever and no appetite and then was waking up in the morning nauseated and would sometimes throw up.  Then I got a sore throat that lasted 5 weeks but I did not go to the doctor.  In Dec I had a 24 hour flu.  I also had a yeast infection and my heart flutters I am still waking up nauseated, dizzy an weak and I have been loosing a lot of hair.  I had an std screening at the end of Sept. for Herpes 1/2, RPR, gonorrhea, chlamydia, Hep B and C and HIV 1/2 antibody.  Everything came back neg and non reactive but Herpes 1 and my doctor said that most people test positive for that and it's not genital.  Then I went back in just shy of 6 months after the last time we had sex and 6 1/2 months after the first and was tested for everything again and had a pap.  Everything came back neg but herpes 1 and my pap was also normal.  They then checked my thyroid and did a cbc and my thyroid is normal (1.24) and my neutrophils were just barely high at 7.32 and hemoglobin was just barely out of range at 15.6.  She said that it was nothing to be concerned about at all and that I did not need anymore std screenings.  I contacted my ex and he went it to get checked and gave me his results and he was tested for everything and his HIV test was for 1/2/O and was nonreractive and Hep B and C were also non reactive and RPR gonorrhea and chlamydia were neg.  I am still worried about it and feel sick and like I'm going to pass out half of the time and she thinks that it is just anxiety so she prescribed paxil and told me to try that I have not yet.  Anyway what I was wondering is any of my symptoms a sign of an std and do I need further testing and is there any kind of rare std that I wasn't tested for that sounds like I have or is this really all from anxiety?
None of the symptoms you've listed are due to std's. Whatever is going on , it's not std related.

grace
Thanks for the fast reply! They don't at all sound like any Hep or Hiv and my tests are conclusive?
no, nothing you've mentioned sounds like any of them.  continue to follow up with specialists as needed to pursue other causes.

grace
I am still nervous to start a new relationship and worried that I have some undiscovered std?  Is there such thing?
No there is not.
Hey I just wanted your guy's feedback on this the guy that I am now dating is experiencing the same symptoms are you still sure there is nothing as far as an std that tI should be concerned about?
If there was we would have said somethign when you first posted.

Are you having unprotected sex with this new person?
We have both been tested and have had unprotected sex a couple of times because everyone said that we were free of stds and out of the window period of any.
If both have tested negative then just more proof that this is not STD related.
What would you do would you go to a different doctor or what?  How is it possible that I have anything when I was tested outside of the window periods???
If we have both tested negative then why would we both be having the same exact  symptoms and his started out the same way mine did and are progressively getting worse.
I don't know, but those symptoms as you have been told is not related to any STD. You keep trying to link symptoms to STD's and you should not be. Get your mind off of STD's. Either follow up with your current Dr or see a new one.
i'm in a similar situation, i had unprotected sex with someone last year and started being sick (having itchy rash on my face every months for 4 to 14 days, ive met about 8 generalist, 1 alergologist, 2 dermatologist and none of them can tell me what it is, i took the std test and everything is negative). i'd say its not impossible that what you've got is actualy contagious without being a std, you know just like flu or herpes 1 or chicken pox, tons of disease may be contagious just by saliva so you might have catched it from your ex and passed it to your new boyfriend but its not necesserly a std, i think you should trade your obgyn for a generalist who would refer you to an apropriate specialist.

stop worrying about std, being happy is the best way to boost your immune system ;) good luck!!!!

I too am in the same situation.  For years now, I find when I sleep with my partners they come down with fever, sore throat, rash, pain when urinating, flu symptoms.

I am 100% sure that i am passing something on.  I have been tested for HIV twice, and all the other usual STD's and all negative.

I'm searching google now for answers as no one seems able to help.   Did you ever find anything?