STDs Community
Rash In Pubic Area

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

Rash In Pubic Area

Early this morning i had sex with a girl i know, this would have been about 3.30am. We were both drunk and i did have a condom on but somehow came off and i didnt realise due to been no light. This evening i have had a bath and noticed a red rash in the pubic area and am quite worried what it could be. Ive had a search trying to find out what it could be but am finding it difficult, and i know anyway whatever i read on the internet i wont have a definate answer without seeing a doctor.

I did read that if its an STD it is unlikely to show up so soon after having sex, i am unaware if this is true or not. If it was an STD the ones that it sounds like i guess are Scabies or Pubic Lice. Do you feel that this could be an STD or could it be caused by some sort of irratation?

I have had this before, it can be from either shaving pubic hair, or from vigorously itching the area. But if you are still worried then its worth getting it checked.
Thanks for your reply. I havnt ever shaved in that area, and i havnt really been itching down there and its not itchy now. There are 2 scratches above this area, im not sure when these appeared so the area probably never got scratched during the time we had sex but could it be just been a little rough has caused irratations and a rash has appeared?
It could be that, an irratation from the contact, from your initial post it seemed like something caused by scratching or similar, sorry i cannot help any further, i just read it and recognised the symptoms of something i have experienced. I hope you have some luck in finding out the cause and the best of health when you do.
Its way too soon for symptoms of an std - bare minimum for that would be 2 days.

My guess is its irritation from sex, a reaction to the lube or the condom, etc.

AJ
Thanks for your reply and help, if it is just something like irratation how long would the rash usuallly remain there?
It could remain for a couple of hours or a couple of days. Depends on how much irritation was caused.
After not daring to look at it until now it is no worse than yesterday, something i was really fearing. I'll keep a check on how things are in the next couple of days and hopefully it will go.

After seeing the rash thats all i could think about, but now its got me really worrying about the chance of her getting pregnant due to the condom coming off. I know i didnt *** inside of her as in the end i didnt *** at all, although i have read about pre-*** and they can still get pregnant from that. What is the likeliness of this happening?
Its hard to say - depends on where she was in her cycle, etc.

Obviously, there's a chance, but don't panic - just wait and see.

Aj
After having a wash ive noticed on some of the red marks there is now a white head on them, if this wasnt a rash i would just assume there a little spots as thats what they look like. I recall reading about other people having this problem as well and saying that they picked them, which resulted in them bleeding. Im not going to touch them for that reason, but will they just go on own?
Yes, they should.  If it doesn't get better in a couple of days, see your doctor.

Its NOT an std, at least not from this encounter.  Its way too soon.

Aj
Okays, shall keep checking them and hope they go. Thanks for your quick replys :)