STDs Expert Forum
Rash after sex is this herpes?

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Rash after sex is this herpes?

Monday I was having unprotected sex with a new parnter. during sex she used Lavider baby oil and the sex was very long and quite rough. during sex I noticed that to the right of my pubic area was starting to get sore but I ignored it. We broke for dinner and when I returned home noticed that the area was very red and sensitive to the touch. I applied Cortizone10 to help eay the pain. the next day about 14 hours after the sex took place I was still quite red and noticed that where there is hair I now have zit (puss) filled small sores. Today I'm still quite sore and very worried. I read on this site that it takes 2 days for herpes to show up. I do have sensitive skin could I be infected that quickly? the women told me she didn't have anything but have never experienced this before. PLease help
Herpes rarely shows up sooner than 3 days; 2 days is the shortest possible.  Any irritation that begins during sex or within a hours has to be a physical or chemical irritation of some kind.  It could be the baby oil (or the perfumes in it), or a reaction to a spermicide if you used one, etc.  But not an STD.  If the problem persists, see a health care provider--but it probably will clear up quickly on its own.

Good luck-- HHH, MD
1 Comment
A related discussion, white heads or herpes was started.
A related discussion, Is it herpes was started.