STDs Expert Forum
Rash from Oral Sex
About This Forum:

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Rash from Oral Sex

My wife and have been married for over six years and are in a committed monogomous relationship.  About six months ago a day after having sex/oral sex with my wife I developed a rash on my nose and just above my pubic region that consisted of several very small pimples. The rash ran its course in about 3-4 days then went away.  Since that time this has occured a couple more times not so much in the pubic region but on my face. In the most recent occurence the rash has been localized just below my septum. My wife recently went to her gynecologist but was to embarrased to ask about the situation however she was told that she had a yeast infection. Is my condition most likely a result of this yeast infection or is possibly something more serious?
Related Discussions
239123_tn?1267651214
Yes, yeast infection could do this.  The best clue will be whether the problem continues after her yeast infection is treated.  If so, it could mean something else, e.g., you could both be carrying strep, staph, or other bacteria; or conceivably an allergic reaction to your wife's vaginal secretions.  (Not common, but sometimes happens; and can first appear after several yearss.)  In any case, if the problem persists, see if washing with soap and water soon after sex prevents it.

Good luck--   HHH, MD
3 Comments
Blank
As I said in the original post this has been a recurring problem and I have taken to showering immediately after sex and even going so far as to put an antifungal cream on areas I thought may have been affected after showering but this has not seemed to help.  I thought this additional information might be pertinant and I am wondering how best to treat this rash if it doesn't require medical attention.
Blank
239123_tn?1267651214
Sorry, I can't get into specific treatment advice in an online forum--that's the job of your health care provider.  See him/her if what you're doing isn't helping.

Regards--   HHH, MD
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank