STDs Expert Forum
Rash in pubic area

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Rash in pubic area

I have a rash in my pubic area only. It is little red bumps, not in distinct clusters but in areas its more than others. I havent had sex in 3 weeks. I have been masturbating a lot and have chafed my penis as well, that i know is from masturbating bc i hdo not use lotion and it causes that.
What do you think the bumps on the hair region are? Its only in the hair region and its really all over, in certain areas more than others. It does not really itch at all. Now that i noticed it though it itches a little in one area.
What do you think?
Thank you so much in advance.
Sorry, I just can't say from your description.  Maybe scabies or crab lice?  (Look for lice themselves, which are hard to see, or the whitish nits [eggs] attached to the base of your pubic hairs.)  Folliculitis?  You'll have to see a health care provider; you could start with your local health department STD clinic.  Sorry I can't tell more.

Best wishes-- HHH, MD