STDs Community
Receiving Unprotected Oral Sex, with alcohol wiping/cleaning after - ri...

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Receiving Unprotected Oral Sex, with alcohol wiping/cleaning after - risk of STDs?

I received unprotected oral sex recently from a girl I know is sexually active. It was probably five to ten minutes in total and there was no biting involved - I didn't notice any cuts on my penis afterwards. After we were done she wiped my genital area fully with an alcohol wipe, and when I went home 40 minutes later I bathed my penis with soap in the shower. Is there any chance of me contracting genital herpes or any other STDs from this, and if so what is the probability? Is it extremely unlikely, or is there a significant risk? Does cleaning my penis after the fact, with alcohol wipes and soap, reduce the risks at all? Thanks for the help - I'm pretty nervous now and it would do a lot for my peace of mind to know the odds here.
Any STD from oral sex is low risk. Most common is gonorrhea and NGU. Less common is herpes and without a herpes sore on her mouth unlikely and syphilis (which is rare in developed countries and in women)

No what you did after would have no affect either way.

My advice is not to worry about it.
Some more information: I didn't ejaculate while receiving oral sex (though I did later from a handjob) and we didn't go any further than oral sex. I didn't give her oral sex.

Thanks so much!!
Sorry to be nitpicky but does anyone have the rough odds I contracted anything in the scenario the woman had the mentioned STDs? (Unlikely, but I'd like to know the risk for oral sex with STDs)...I'm worried because I don't have citizenship in the country I'm currently in and I'll be here for a while, so I don't have the insurance or anything for testing anytime soon. How much time should I give without symptoms before I can be confident I'm in the clear?
If you read what I wrote I said it was low risk, can give you odds because 1. Don't know the STD rate in your country, 2. Don't know the girl, but again it is low risk.
Low enough where testing is not required unless you get symptoms.

It's a highly industrialized country with a very low infection rate. So I shouldn't worry about it (ie risks are very low) as long as symptoms don't develop within a week or two?
if you don't have/get discharge, burning while urinating, a sore or bumps on your penis...don't worry about it.