STDs Community
Recurrance of tingling sensation

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Recurrance of tingling sensation

Alright, I was diagnosed and treated for chlamydia about 2 months ago, it didn't clear up that fast so the doc gave me another prescription of something that I never took because the symptoms eventually cleared.  Well, I went to a foam party and two days later got really sick. They diagnosed me with strep throat, but the thing is the penile tingling has come back.  Anyone have any idea what is going on?
It could be that you were not 100% cured from the chlymida and it has progressed back to symptoms. Or it could be that it is just irritation from the foam.

I think the best idea is to follow up with your Dr and have another test done.
Were you diagnosed with Chlamydia through urine/swab - or was doctor guessing on your symptoms. I reckon its highly likely that anxiety over chlamydia is making what are otherwise perfectly normal bodily sensations heightened. I.e because your thinking of them your feeling them.

If your minds still in doubt- why not just take the other prescription you have and kill whatever it is for sure. If not... why not go back and get tested- nothing will give you reassurance as much as a negative test result!! believe me!

The reason I say about anxiety is because I was once in a very similar situation! I was anxious over the possibility of having Chlam/Gonnorhea and i kept focusing on it- minute i got negative results I was fine!!

Hope this helps!
I agree, but what's the other script for?

And I went to a foam party once a loong time ago during college, and I got so sick after - head cold, strep, and hives.  Someone would have to pay me a lot of money to go to another one lol.  

Aj
Thing I'm really scared of is having HIV. I'm scared that it has lowered my immune system, not allowing me to conquer chlamydia and making it easy to get real sick in something like a foam party.
Most people don't have HIV, and I'm not sure why you would think that.  Its cold and flu season, you went to a foam party where bacteria is everywhere, and there isn't any reason to think HIV.  I don't have HIV and got sick as hell from the foam party.

You had chlamydia 2 months ago - if you are concerned about HIV, why not just test?  At 2 months, your test would be about 95% accurate.

I feel like Howard Hughes sometimes. I've been real paranoid about it
Comparing yourself to Howard Hughes is a big sign, hon.  He had big time obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD),  and hypochondria.  If you think you feel like that, why don't you talk to your doctor about it?  There are lots of good meds and therapies to help.

I know HIV is scary.  You don't mention anything about your partners - are you a man who has sex with men?  Do you, or your partners, use needles for drug use?  I can give you a better idea of your chances if I know those answers.

Aj

No I don't have sex with men or ever will.  I had sex with one girl I didn't know a while back without a condom.  I didn't want to do it without a condom and I didn't have one, but she insisted, saying she's clean and asking if I was, which I was at the time.  So I did it, and pulled out.  She was 20 years old at the time and had mentioned that she spent some time in DC.  That is what gave me the red flag, because I know how strong HIV is up there.  That is it.  That is why I've been so paranoid.  I will get tested for sure, but am scared to at this moment.
OK if your partners are women, and your partners aren't using IV drugs, the chances of them having HIV are very slim.

Aj
Thank you for the support and I appreciate you.  You take some weight off my back.  I'm on Spring Break from school and have no work to do and didn't go on vacation so I've been lazy.  All I've been doing is laying around thinking about whether that girl had HIV or not, it's driving me insane.  I've been analyzing every little thing like whether my poop is solid all the way to the texture of my tongue.  When I leave the house it is okay and I get my mind off it, but when I'm here I pull my hair out.  Thanks for your responses, are you a doctor?  Where do you get your knowledge on this matter?
I was looking at her pictures on facebook and saw that she was in a few pictures with some hippie looking guys with pale faces and nappy hair, it just made me more worrisome.  I will never do anything like that again, I was just way too drunk.
OK this is going to sound harsh, but I don't mean it to.

You can't tell anything about a person's sexual health by their appearance.  I am a 40 year old (ancient, I know lol) woman.  I'm cute - not gorgeous, not supermodel, but cute, look younger than 40, dress "normally", have "normal" hair, don't really drink, don't do drugs, well beyond my party years, and I have herpes.  I got it at 36.  Appearances mean nothing.  Your student body president might have an std, and the "hippiest" person on campus might not.

Don't let yourself get caught up in that kind of ****.  

Aj