STDs Expert Forum
Recurrence post surgery
About This Forum:

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Recurrence post surgery

Hi Doctor.  First of all I would like to say that you provide a great service and I have learned a lot from previous questions others have posted here.

I was diagnosed with genital warts in July 2005, was treated and have not had symptoms since October 2005.  I consider myself "clear" of HPV now but I did have one question regarding recurrence.  In a few weeks I am having surgery to have a congenital heart condition corrected, it will be keyhole surgery through my groin up into my heart to have the correction made.  I was wondering if this kind of surgery may put my body under enough stress to reactivate my HPV infection and cause another breakout?

Many thanks in advance for your response.