STDs Community
Recurring Red Spot on Penis

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Recurring Red Spot on Penis

Late December 2007 I woke up to find a small red spot on the shaft of my penis.  Not a sore - just red discoloration.  It went away after about 5 days.  Since then, it reoccurs about every 4 - 6 weeks.  It shows up from nowhere, then disappears - not fades gradually - but literally disappears after 4 or 6 days.  It is not itch or hurt.  Any ideas as to what it might be?
I have no idea.  Its not typical of any std or fungal infection.

Have you ever let a doctor see it?  You should.

Aj
Its strange.  Tried cortizone and had no affect.  Being that it is random and does not last long, by the time I get an appointment it is gone.
Well you might want to make an appt and get a blood test for herpes, at least to rule it out.  Ask for a type specific IgG test.  When you are there, explain what is happening to your doc, and ask if you can be seen the same day the next time this happens.

Aj