Red Mole-Like Spots Across Groin

I'm a 29y.o. male and I just noticed a spread of elevated, mole-like spots across my groin. None appear on my penis or testicles. They are all distributed between my belly button and genitals, exclusively, it seems, within the zone of hair that stretches from my lower belly to my upper pubic area. The bumps do not itch and are not irritable. They are suddenly and inexplicably widespread (I count about 12 and I just noticed them today). They are distributed haphazardly and not in a clustered fashion. I don't believe these are pimples as they're not sore and they do not appear to be associated with hair follicles.

These moles appeared out of nowhere. I have not had unprotected sex for at least three years, and that was within a relationship where the sexual histories were known to be clean. I have had more than one sexual partner over the past year, but I used protection in each instance.

I certainly plan on visiting a dermatologist. Any ideas on what this is? Does it sound like herpes?

Thanks very much.
I am not sure what it is, I suggest posting in the herpes forum and see if anyone there thinks that it might be herpes or not.