Red bumps that itch on outer labia and leg crease
About 5 days ago I started to feel itchy around my vagina, and assumed I was just getting a yeast infection, since I tend to be prone to them. The next day I discovered 4 bumps, 2 on one side of my outer labia and lower near my vaginal opening, and 2 on the opposite outer labia but closer to the crease of my leg. I tried to squeeze them to see if anything would come out, but nothing. Instead they just bled a little and scabbed up and slowly started to disappear.  I did a ton of research assuming immediately it was an STD, but found it could also be folliculitis (sp?) or ingrown hairs, which I have gotten from time to time, just never this close to my vagina. I decided to start putting triple antibiotic cream on them, and the itching and swelling began to go away. Today though, I woke up and noticed several more bumps had appeared, one on one side, and about 3 on the other side. Some of the bumps are around hair follicles and just look like infected follicles. Some of the bumps are red with a slight white/yellow head, like a pimple on your face. Is there anyway it could be anything OTHER than herpes? Can it be an outer yeast infection reacting to the antibiotic cream? Or something else?

There are a few more issues. I went on vacation and only rinsed my bathing suit with water when I got home. I wore my bathing suit to the beach on a very hot day where I was sweating and everything. The next day, the itching began and the day after the bumps appeared. Could it be a reaction from bacteria or a parasite lingering in my bathing suit? I wore the suit again 3 days ago and swam in a lake....I don't know if this could effect anything. I have also been shaving much more often and switched razor brands. Not sure if this could be a factor?

In addition, my partner and I had sex about 2 weeks ago. He was sick at the time and had an infected fingernail. About a week later he was admitted to the hospital with a staff infection. I visited him a few days before my bumps appeared and we kissed and touched, and I performed oral. Is there anyway that his infection could have caused my problem to show up?

Also, about 5 years ago I was diagnosed with having a string of HPV and never had any symptoms. My doctor said I probably carried one of the strands that goes unnoticed without a test. Could this possibly be my HPV starting to show signs??

I am getting an STD test tomorrow, but I would just like to see if there's any possibility that my problem could be something other than herpes.
Sounds very similar to what I am experiencing.  I am curious to hear what the Dr. says..    Best wishes to ya.
Hi there -

There are no doctors on this forum.

However, since your partner was hospitalized with staph, you absolutely need to get these checked.  You might need an antibiotic to clear this up.  Its not sounding like herpes, but does sound like it might be staph.

If you already have yeast, you might want to ask the doctor for diflucan, a pill you can take with the antibiotic (if you get one) so that the yeast clears up and doesn't get worse on the antibiotic.

Aj