Red lesion inner thigh - what can it be?
4 days ago I discovered a red lesion on my inner thigh.  It is about 6 cm from the outer labia, slightly in the direction of my bottom.  It is about the size of my middle finger's nail.  At first I thought I had scratched a spot during the night, but when I looked at it it seemed to be something else.  Something like an insect bite or a burn, but cannot remember any such incidents.  

From what I could read on the net I thought about herpes, and to myself I called it a blister, but when I looked up in a dictionary what a blister is (I am no a native english speaker) I realized that is not what I have really, so maybe it is not herpes.  

The lesion is not hard, and has not developed a scab.  The whole area is red. It is more or less dry, but in the centre, in a kind of L - form or circular form it is slightly moist with I think some translucent puss. I would not say it has a lumpy form, but the area is probably a little elevated from the area around because I notice when I touch it, but also partly due to the unevenness of the skin there.  It does not hurt to touch, unless you rub it with some force.

I do not think it has changed much since I got it.  Maybe slightly better today, but that could be imaginary.  

7 and 8 days before I noticed it I had several times sex with a random guy, mostly with a condom, but also for a few seconds without (pathetic I know).  

I am always healty, but lately suffered from a lingering cough for 7 weeks so probably my defense system is down.  

What do you think this could be, do you think it could be herpes?
Herpes is a possibility, but from your description I don't think it is very likely.  But if it's herpes, it probably isn't the initial infection--i.e., not caught from your recent new partner.  Hard to say much else without seeing it; perhaps psoriasis (especially if it is partly dry and flaky) or a fungal dermatitis.  If it doesn't clear up in another few days, you'll need to see a health care provider.

Good luck and happy holidays--   HHH, MD
A related discussion, lesion was started.