STDs Community
Red patches on penis head

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Red patches on penis head

I am very worried and anxious about herpes and wanted others opinion. I recently had unprotected sex with a woman, who I was later told a week later by a friend, sleeps around and he had heard had herpes. Upon hearing this I became quite upset but realized I would have to wait to get tested. However, later that day I began to get an occasional itch, which lasted for a few days. I started repeatedly almost obsessively checking my penis for any signs of herpes. I found what I thought were blisters and brought myself to get STD tested. I showed the Dr. what I had found and he quickly dismissed it as not being herpes but as regular anatomy. I was given all other STD testing, which I passed, however no herpes blood test was offered. My anxiety over this incident did not diminish, tingling and itching continued as well as my obsessive checking. After the testing I started to get pain in my penis which I couldn't localize. It seemed to go away if I didn't think about it. It eventually went away but my anxiety didn't and I returned to my GP to get checked again. He spent much time with me explaining the various anatomical parts that were completely normal. A week later I started to develop tingling in my penis head after peeing and occasional itching, eventual red marks appeared. They were not raised, did not lesion, ulcer or crust or anything and pretty much dissapeared in two days before I had a chance to go back. However, my anxiety returned accompanied by abdominal, testicular and prostate pressure. I returned to the Dr again but as nothing was there he dismissed the bumps as normal. I started to feel it was in my head and overcome the anxiety. After I left his office that day I started to get intense pain in my penis, but again no sores or lesions. I went back having again had red marks which lasted for a couple days but were again gone by the time I got there. I'm lost and need
m writing this because I have more red marks/bumps then ever before. Initially they were 3-4 that appeared and last night 10-15 and managed to show them to a dr. at clinic who told me they were definitely not herpes but could not tell me what they were. I have no idea what to do and am loosing my mind. These bumps that appeared last night are already fading. I thought it might all be in my head but these bumps keep on freaking me out because of all the stuff I have read about atypical presentation. Still no lesions, ulcers or scabs, no pain in the red marks/bumps but every time I try to put this behind me they seem to be there. Any advice? If it is all in my head, I just need an explanation of what these red bumps could be. Thing is I can't even call them bumps because they dont really look raised but they are definitely not ulcers. Maybe I have damaged my glans (glands) from my checking activities ... these have lasted up 3-4 hours a day of retracting the foreskin and checking my penis. I am circumcised as well and have got yeast infection in the past. These red marks look similar but I'm so anxious I dont' know what to do
Hey big..read your post..have a similar situation that has been going on for over a year and a half now..been to several urologists who tell me that I have prostatitis..however that causes symptoms inside the body- I received unprotected oral sex and about 3 weeks later started having weird symptoms..mt penis gets a flushed look- red patches that are not raised but under the skin..little red dots appear than dissapear the same day- all the Dr's think I am nuts !!  Severe pain in my penis and balls...at times I get this tingly/prickling senstaion that no one can explain- I have severe redness around the slit that comes and goes- there are days that my **** is itchy as hell as well as my balls... I totally understand what you are going through with the checking of your penis every day- you notice every little bump etc...been tested for every std- everything comes back negative- dr's tell me that it is anxiety- I can definetly say that it is not..I have a dermatologist appt next week- he is my last resort- hopefully he can tell me what the hell the redness is from as well as the severe itching... I understand your anxiety because my anxiety for the past year has taken a toll on me.... if you get any answers let me know..god luck