STDs Community
Red sore on glans(glands) of penis

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Red sore on glans(glands) of penis

I have a red sore/rash on the groove of my glans (glands), just at one side. The red area also extends to the underside of the foreskin. I've just noticed it, but that area has felt tender for a while.

I recently (about 6 weeks ago) had a hand job and protected oral sex from a sex worker.

What is my risk of any kind of STD? Does this red area sound consistent with an STD?

Many thanks.
Really had no STD risk. See a Dr for an exam.