STDs Expert Forum
Red spot on head of penis and soreness around the tip!

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Hello.  I had been givin brief oral sex by a female that is unknown ,but heard she my have an std(do not know). I also touch her gential (genital) area only on the outside of her cloths and then myself. About 1 month later I was having trouble sleeping because the tip of my penis hurt. The next morning when I woke up the very right side tip was slightly rised more than the other side. During the course of the day I checked up on this because now the tip and about half an inch under the tip was sore to the touch. (with maybe redness but no itching or discharge) Two day later I went to a general doctor and told him the problem. He did a culture for chlamydia and gonorrhea(which both came back negative),but other than that said he seen no problems. He prescribed me doxycycline and ciprofloxacin hcl.  Four day after that I had still had like a constant pain(not bad but noticable) and do not know if I feel burning when I pee.(definately could tell the burn after the culture though which lasted about a day).That day I went to my doctor and he took a look and said that it did not look like herpes or anything to worry about and said if it burned I would defentily know it. He made me pee in a cup and checked it. He said my pee was perfectly clean. I ask him why the soreness was still going on and what could be the problem, but he said he did not know. He said that I could have gotten a yeast infection or something.( I am circumsized) He told me to take the doxycycline that the other doctor prescribed and to apply lamisil on my penis. That was two days ago and I have only been on the meds. for a two day period. I masturbated twice in a course of a day and a half. I have now noticed that I have red spots around the head of my penis and that the skin looks wrinkled.(that I am for sure has never been there) I am very afraid that the doctor is wrong and I do have an std. The constant pain has lasted all ten day and only going away briefly in the morning when I wake up. I know that I have had oral fever blisters since I was a child. I just need to know if I indeed do have an infection and am I doing the right thing to get rid of it. Or do I have a std like herpes or hvp(because of the little red spots). The constant pain(discomfort) is the biggest thing because it will not allow me to forget about it.

Sorry for not making it easier to read.
  I am just so depressed about this.

any answer would be great
Thanks unknown problem!
You have seen two doctors who apparently have reassured you; I cannot second guess the opinions of providers who have examined someone.  Your description doesn't sound like herpes.  It's pretty clear you don't have an STD, and it is quite certain this isn't related to the sexual exposure a month ago.  If you are not confident your own doctors are on top of things, ask for a referral to a dermatologist.  But it seems you have nothing to be frightened or concerned about.

Good luck--  HHH, MD
The only thing is that the red bumps and wrinkles were not present at the time the docs checked me out. Can you please explain in detail why you say that you are sure that is not an std. or that sexual exposed I had a month ago is to do with the symptoms. Also do you think it might be an infection or jock itch etc...
I don't think you have an STD because the symptoms you describe don't sound like any STD.  The skin of the penis is susceptible to all of the hundreds of things that cause skin rashes, and there is no particular reason to ascribe your problem to something you acquired sexually, and absolutely your current symptoms were not acquired by oral sex.  But among the many possible causes, I won't try to guess what it might be.  If your current symptoms weren't there when you saw your docs, go back and show it to one of them, or see a dermatologist.  You have no hope of getting a specific diagnosis otherwise; nobdy will be able to tell just by online description.

HHH, MD
A related discussion, little red m0ps around tip of penis was started.