STDs Community
Red spot on penis, normal spot or serious?

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

I've been in a monogamous relationship for just over a year. Initially we both got tested for various STD's and came back fine. During a subsequent examination a few months into our relationship my partner discovered she had genital warts, which were treated successfully. I have had no sign of any.  I've unsure if they're related to my problem...

Over the last weekend (3 days ago from posting) I discovered to my shock a single large red bump/spot on the shaft of my penis. It was about 1cm in width, clearly protruding enough for me to casually notice it.

There appeared to be a white head/centre to it. After my initial shock, I decided it could be a "typical" spot, the kind you might get on your face, so i squeezed it and some white 'stuff' came out. It was less liquid, for want of a better term, than i'd get from a typical spot on my face, more paste like. Anyway, I squeezed it pretty hard clearing what i could of the white (hopefully all of it) and leaving just the large red bump/spot, then went to bed.

The next day I awoke to see the red bump was considerably smaller which was initially a relief, but after showering could see i'd cut the skin and now have what I believe is a small wound thats slowly healing. The 'bump' has gone completely and the surface is now smooth/flat, just with the small cut i created by squeezing so hard/much.

My question is this: is it possible that this is/was just a "typical" spot, as i've never had one like around that area in my life, or should i follow up with a doctors visit? The more I read up the more worried I get but nothing seems to match exactly with what i have/had. My first though was a single genital wart, but they don't appear to produce the white stuff I squeezed out. Now that the red bump is replaced with the broken /healing skin my thoughts turn to other STD's like a syphillis (syphilis) chancre or herpes, even cancer,  but i'm not sure what i have/had matches exactly.

Bottom line, going out of my mind speculating whats maybe just a typical spot on my penis (thats apparently healing). Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!!!

Spots/Bumps can be many different things often not STD related. I don't think this is STD related but you can see a Dr for a proper diagnosis.