STDs Community
Red spots on penis head and under foreskin

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

About three weeks ago I had intercourse with a lady and the condom broke. The next day i noticed that the head of the penis was very red and shiny and red spots started to appear.

The red spots are small and are all over the head of the penis and the inside of the forsekin. They are not very noticable when the foreskin is back and its dry, but when i have an errection it becomes very red/shiny and they are very noticable.

The spots dont itch, they are not white and have no discharges but have been present for over three weeks. At first i didnt seem to think much about it but now its been present for a while and i think about it all the time, im getting paranoid - Please help!

Is this STD? any advice would be very much appreciated.
It would be really fast if you got symptoms of an std the next day.  If this is an std, my bet would be that you had it before, and the timing is just coincidence.

It could also be a fungal infection, a reaction to the condom, etc.  You should just get it checked out, and then you can stop worrying.

Aj

I've had very similar symptoms. Check out my posts... my doctor thought the spots were fungal, maybe caused by antibiotics I was on.... but I did have a strep infection that may have caused the bumps as well.
hey guys thanks for the replies, it looks like it turned out to be a fungul infection.. im using clotrimazole cream and it seems to be fading away. :-)
Similar symptoms as well. I get these shiny red spots on my penis head and foreskin. They're painless and do not discharge anything. No painful urinating either. After a thorough shower, the condition disappears but returns if daily showering is not executed. The condition also returns the morning after masterbation (masturbation). Thats when i get it the worst, the bottom portion of my penis head becomes red and so does the foreskin along with mild tenderness (as if the foreskin has tightened). With a quick soap wash 2-3times during the day, the symptoms are gone the next day. By reading other ppl's posts, it seems that it is a fungal infection because of its reoccuring nature. i did have unprotected sex, and the symptoms seemed to have began soon after. I dont believe it is an STD because it appeared too soon (next day as i recall) and does not match any of the STD symptoms. ANY THOUGHTS?
I think have the same thing. I doesn't itch, very red tiny bumps with no discharge or blister like symptoms. Usually go away but come back after a while. i haven't really noticed them before but i do now. I keep thinking its herpes but after comparing to pictures online i'm like 99% its not. I think its irritation. but i am going to get it checked out with plannedparenthood and get it settled out before I start over exaggerating even more than I am now.
like two years ago i got this they went away in 2 days i didnt masturbate or have sex i just let em go..but about a month ago they appear again but they seem to no go away..i ll be honest sometimes its itchy but its like once a day..but it doesnt hurt when urinating or pain or anything..idont know wat this might be..i got them when i had sex with my gf and the we were having sex and her ***** was dry after and i fell like my dick hurt when i put it in..but the next thing i noticed next day are this small red donts tht stud there for one day and now i still have them but they look so small and i only have two small dots but really small..what could this be? some times i cant notice they r still they and some times they look a lil more red.. any one have an opinion?
Its quite possible that what you are experiencing is a simple irritation mainly caused by a condom or a lubricant.

Many men experience those problems to be honest, so its nothing to worry about.
And your 'symptoms' are consistent with a simple allergic reaction to a condom/lube.
If you don't have any discharges or urethral discomforts in general, then I don't think there's anything to worry about - though standard testing for various bacterial STD's would be recommended once every 3 to 6 months