STDs Expert Forum
Redness on Penis
About This Forum:

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Redness on Penis

April I had a sex encounter unprotected that lasted 15 seconds, before my foreskin on my penis tore.The foreskin tore at the frenulum. It caused bleeding and I went to the doctor who prescibed cream which I used to heal the problem. My next sex two weeks later seemed to cause  a retear feeling but it didnt tear with blood. Since the tear My foreskin peels much father back then previously. After the second encounter I think two days after I noticed that my penis was red in the area of the tear, but also around the area, and seemed to have cuts on the penis where the foreskin attaches around that area. I was concerned about herpes, and went to the doctor but by the time I made it to the doctor the cream almost cleared up the redness and the cuts were almost healed. Lasted about a week. He examined me without any swab tests but just looking and said it was friction burns and the redness a fungus, and not STDs. I took that for what it was and forgot about it. July I started a relationship having sex unprotected. In August early, the redness seemed to reappear in the area that it was before. Sort of had a tingle or burning, slight enough for me to look at my penis and notice it was red. This time it was only red without the cuts that were there before, but it was red, with a slight itch or tingle or something. The doctor told me it was a fungus, and I was prescribed a cream for two weeks which helped rid the redness.
1) the redness retuned and I never actually tested for herpes could it be herpes?
2)Could the tear of the foreskin have caused the fungus or an infection that caused the redness, my penis foreskin now reveals more of the penis head ever since the tear. The penis is in good working condition after the tear, but the foreskin does peel farther back revealing penis head I normally didnt see due to foreskin. And that is the area that got red.
3) Can I have sex without a condom now that the redness is gone or do I need to insit on getting a herpes test?
Tags: penis, redness