STDs Community
Redness on penis

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Redness on penis

after minor friction went to see doctor as it presisted for few weeks, intially doctor "assumed" Hydrocrotisone will do the job, while it decreased some chafing, I used it for 14 days and it made the area more redened!. I saw my other doctor and he thought its the friction not responding so he gave me stronger steroid! After 3weeks of application the condition was escalating thus, I decided to stop.

Whilst burning had decreased drasticslly, its been now 5months since I stop any steroids nonetheless I'm left with more visible redness in that area of application!

Is this permanent? I'm assuming it is since skin is unable to recover back to its normal colour!
Forgot to mention that damage is on penile glans (glands)
Hi and welcome. Since this is not STD related (or is it?) you might want to post this in the dermatology forum