STDs Community
Redness then peeling foreskin...STD or skin irritation??

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

I noticed a couple of days ago that my penis head had very small red bumps on it and also the foreskin area covering the head was a red as well(the area just underneath the head when i pull foreskin back) It didn't hurt or of any discomfort was just a bit red. Today i've noticed that the area of my foreskin has started to peel a little which was most noticebale after i had a shower. A bit like the skin peeling after youre sunburnt. I've had no other symptoms other than it being red and then starting to peel a bit today.

4 days ago i had rather vigorous protected sex (not orally though) and i remember masturbating the day of or before whereby the head of penis was really dry so im hoping that it is a skin irritation from rubbing....although i am concerned it could be something else such as herpes. I havent had any flu like symptoms or blisters etc.....just the redness, dryness and some skin peeling.

I've included some pics, including one with the skin peeling

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f242/Garzi/1.jpg
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f242/Garzi/2.jpg
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f242/Garzi/3.jpg

What do you think it could be?

Concerned..
Forgot to add also that redness on my penis head has greatly improved, only a couple of red spots and also on foreskin...just some skin peeling on foreskin just under the penis head when you pull it back
I seem to have very similar symptoms to yours... did you ever find out what the problem was?  How did you treat it and how long did it take?

Thanks much!
I also seem to have very simular symptoms to yours... did you find out what the problem was? and How did you treat it?

Thanks much!
Peeling skin is usually from a fungal infection, like yeast or jock itch, but it does warrant a trip to the doc.

Aj
i have above problems with my penis the top of my penis ired and it is pealing to it is not soar but has an itch it all so smells my girl freind has the same and we got it after sex the same time please help
have the same problem. what's the solution?
Same symptoms here.. and to be honest almost exact situation as yours..

Whats going on??