STDs Expert Forum
Ringworm - HIV?
About This Forum:

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Ringworm - HIV?

Hi,

I had unprotected vaginal sex about 2 & 4 years ago. I am now getting a "Ringworm" like rash on my arms after doing some work on my windows. I think there was some Pigeon droppings in the area which could have pre-empterd the ringworm, but i have been looking on websites and they say that it is a sign of HIV.
I have booked a test for next week, but i am brivcking it, could you please give advice.

Cheers
239123_tn?1267651214
This doesn't sound at all like HIV to me.  Assuming you don't also have sex with men and don't use drugs by injection, you can be confident your HIV test will be negative.

I don't know what pigeon droppings has to do with your question.  Histoplasmosis is a fungal infection carried by birds in some parts of the country, which sometimes shows up as an opportunistic infection in AIDS.  But your symptoms certainly don't suggest histoplasmosis.

HHH, MD
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
239123_tn?1267651214
H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D.Blank
University of Washington
Seattle, WA
300980_tn?1194933000
Edward W Hook, MDBlank
University of Alabama at Birmingham
MedHelp Health Answers