STDs Community
Risk from receiving oral

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Risk from receiving oral

About a month ago I received oral sex from a stranger who looked clean. I have not noticed any symptoms of anything i have read about or seen. I know HIV is almost no risk so I am not so worried about that. Am I worrying too much about other stds? It is extremely hard for me to go out and get tested because I am living with my parents and i dont have a car or my own health insurance, etc. I have heard that if i dont see any sores/lesions/chancres or anything out of the usual then i dont have any stds. Is this true? Because I also read online how a lot of stds wont show symptoms and you could still have them anyways. I made a terrible mistake and i regret it I sure would not do it again, at least without knowing them first. I just want to move on and forget this ever happened, can anyone please help me out? Thanks.
Oh also i forgot to add I washed my genital with soap immediately after this happened too not sure if that increases my odds of being safe or not just forgot to add that.
Washing would do nothing for a STD. You had a low risk encounter and for the most part should have no real concerns. Most STD's you could get from oral sex would show symptoms at some point within 3 weeks or so.
Thanks Vance, so are you saying that all of the stds that i could have caught from this would show symptoms?
No, but most would/should. Only way to know 100% is to test.
Like I said before it is kind of hard for me to get tested right now, but if i dont show symptoms about how much percent would you guess that I am safe? Sorry if it seems i repeated myself im just worried and would like to be as sure as I can
Hey you really wouldn't know :/ for example with genital herpes , it may not show up until you get really stressed or your immune system is run down. It's really hard to know until you get tested.

Try and look up sexual health clinics in your area and just catch a train / bus to get there. Plenty of health clinics give out free testing and you don't need a health card - especially if your under age.

Hope this helps.
really no reason to get tested from this encounter unless you have a regular partner to protect.  

you've had no symptoms so chalk it up to being a lesson learned and always have protected sexual contact from this point foward :)

grace
Thanks Grace! I appreciate you and everyone's help so far, it has made me feel a little more comfortable. One more question real quick that i forgot to mention if you don't mind, Syphilis is the std that I was most worried about due to the effects it has on your body and can cause paralysis, blindness, etc if uncured. If I had syphilis would i definitely notice the symptoms? Because i had a small zit on my scrotum about a week ago but i don't think that is a symptom of syphilis because it was not oozing or an open sore. It looked like a small pimple, or more like one of the hair follicles just red and a tiny bit raised. I promise this is the last question I am just wondering if this is normal or something I should be worried about.
Alright this is my original post as you have asked I am sorry I had posted more then one question but all I want to know is if one or two small bumps on the scrotum with hair coming out of them is an std or not
doesn't sound std related at all.