STDs Community
Risk of herpes or other STI from brief touching

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Lets say the girl has herpes, HPV, or any other STI.
If my penis very briefly touched her mouth (lips), briefly being around 1 second.
Is there a possible risk of transmission of herpes or anything? I mention herpes since I gathered this would be the most likely of the STI for this case.
The main point I'm trying to figure out is the amount of time of contact. For example if a penis touched an infected vagina for no more than a second, would there be a risk? This is not my case, but trying to get the idea.
With my case it would be possible to contract something if it was oral sex, but is just the brief moment of touching a potential risk? If it is, how big of a risk?
Also, just to confirm another scenario, I understand there is no risk from saliva and no risk from fingering a girl and touching my own genitals.
I may be overly concerned, its just that this is something I regret doing and want to forget about completely, and to do that I want to be sure that I can't pass any STI to anyone in the future.
I really do appreciate your time. Thank you!
no, herpes is not highly contagious by no means!!!

this was a brief encounter and isn't a real risk for anything. you don't need any testing and you don't need to be worrying about having contracted any std from this!!

grace