Risk with Treatment
Had encounter with a woman of unknown status about 13 days ago. Briefly gave oral sex and head of penis rubbed up against her vagina for about a minute. If any insertion took place it would of been no more than an 1/8" although I don't think any took place at all. (Had been drinking)
Went to doctor today and she prescribed "Ciprofloxacin HCL" (500mg Tab) Took 4 in one dose for a potential gonorrhea.  She also prescribed to me "Erythrocin" (500mg Tab), I am to take one tablet four times a day for a period of 14 days. She stated this would take care of any possible chlamydia, syphillis, and chancroid infections that may have occurred.
Does any of this treatment sound on target? Additionally, what would be my risk of HIV during an encounter like this.

Thank you everyone for your help.
I am glad that you sought medical help after your encounter. Testing for STDs for you is important. The cipro given you is no longer a recommended treatment for gonorrhea. Erythromycin 500 mg 4 times a day for 7 days would be effective for the chancroid and the chlamydia. But neither cipro nor erythromycin are indicated for the treatment of syphilis. Testing for Hiv in 6 weeks also may be a good idea. So to answer your question for advice on treatment. I would seek a physician or health care provider that follows the CDC recommended guideline. I must also ask if you are having and symptoms and if you had any tests done . Take care.
I have no insurance but I did pay for a chlamydia test along with a syphilis test (blood).  At this time I have no symptoms.
In your opinion, as I have just started treatment today, should I contact the medical provider and let her know that CDC guidelines has changed.

Thanks for response.
I wouldn't think you are at much risk for syphilis, unless you are in an area with high rates of it.  You can google that - just use your location and syphilis statistics and see what you find.

You are really at low risk for everything.  I'm not a big fan of just taking meds in case, unless you have symptoms, and you don't.  This is how resistance develops.

Chancroid is also very uncommon in some areas - more common in others.  You should find out what the rates are for your area.  If you are in the US, your chances for syphilis and chancroid are very small.

Your HIV risk is also very small.

AJ
Midwest Illinois, statistics show that syphilis, in my area, has not been reported in well over 8 or 9 years, and that was a single case.
Chancroid infection statistics show that there were 149 cases in the whold United States in like 04,06, or 07. Can't remember.

Does any of this sound right? Furthermore, what is the best advised treatment for gonorrhea, according to CDC.

Thanks again.
The most common treatment is ceftriaxone, in a shot.

And yes, those stats sound about right, though I would suspect syphilis might be a bit higher, though still not enough to be worried about.

Aj

Your local health department, in Illinois they are excellent, can treat you . Rocephin 125 mg IM would be an recommended treatment. Take care.
Just for clarification - the brand name of ceftriaxone is rocephin.  Its the same medication.

I just didn't want you to get confused.

AJ