STDs Community
Risks and Prophylaxis from Kissing and Masturbation

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Hi, 40 year old heterosexual male.  A week ago, I made the stupid mistake of KISSING and letting a female Stripper / CSW while abroad in Costa Rica to MASTURBATE me (she used some of her saliva / drool) as lubrication.  No other contact.

I would like to understand what are the possible risks involved from my stupid actions, which I assumed at the moment to be safe.

HSV-2 is not an issue, since I already have it from many years ago and it is hardly an issue (very minor/twice a year outbreak).

From my understanding HIV is not really a risk, but what about Syphilis?  I don't know how common or not it is in Costa Rica and I understand it is rare for it to spread through kissing, but don't want to become the outlier statistic.

I havent had any symptomps, but would like to know if there is any prophylactic treatment I can take?  I just want to be able to sleep, rest and move ahead with my life and wife, which I fear to death of infecting.  I understand that a test would take 6 weeks to be useful, so would rather do something preventive / prophylactic treatment.

WORRIED
this isn't any std risk at all. there isn't any need for any treatments for testing from this.

grace

grace
Hi Grace, sorry, I try to be as rational as possible, but it just seems hard, when your physical and emotional well being is at stake.

I didn't notice any chancre or lessions on her lips, but what if she was incubating syphilis on the mouth?  would I still get passed to my mouth?

I read on some sites that it is possible, but it just seems like nobody ever catches this mouth to mouth, do they?

What I truly worry is about passing on this to my wife, that's why I would prefer if I could test right away or take a preventive treatment.  Does such a thing exist?

I don't know why we make mistakes and put ourselves in this situations of such high anxiety.

Sorry for the rambling.
actually there is a little risk for gonorrhea and ngu because of saliva.
your anxiety over this is your real issue, not any std risk. don't confuse the two.
sorry but this is not zero risk.i do my research about it because i had a simillar accident and i find a post by dr.Hook who clearly says that when genital secretions or saliva are present in masturbation it's not zero risk.
Show me the post where Dr.Hook says that saliva during masterbation (masturbation) is a risk...IT'S NOT A RISK.
i was surprised too so i am going for testing...
Hi Drazen,

From what I read, the odds are only theoretically / a very long shot.  It's been a week and I haven't had any discomfort on the tip of my penis, no discharge no irritation, so eventhough Chlamydia / Gonorrhea can take a bit longer to manifest, I have a hard time believing that after being very self aware and checking every minute you wont feel a thing for a week and then have a full blown infection the next.  

I also don't think you will find actual cases of people with HIV infection due to Saliva.  

I know how hard it is to think of the risks, but If the Doctors on this site have been on this business for 30+ years and have not seen cases, the odds of it happening are not very good.

As I mentioned, It's tough to be rational about one's own wellbeing, but Im trying my best...
yes dr.Hook was speaking for a theoritical risk and i found simillar posts from dr.Handsfield who says zero risk for that kind of exposure even if saliva did get in your urethra.
Let's just say you'd have more chance of buying a single lottery ticket once in your life and winning the jackpot first time than getting any STD from an exposure like this. This was 99.9% risk free don't worry.
This was 99.9% risk free don't even worry about it.