STDs Community
Risks of Oral with femal with Cervical Cancer

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Hello everyone. I am new to the forums and though I would ask a question which started to become more of a concern now that I am seeing someone who has Cervical Cancer.  I am 19 yrs old and in college, along with a female, also 19.  She informed me that she has HPV and cervical cancer.  We have not [yet] had sex, although she gave me oral once.  

My questions are this:
(1)     I am curious as to what my risks are if I were to have sex with her?  I know HPV is pretty common nowadays and just looking out for myself.

(2)  What are risks if I were to give oral to her(although told by my cousin who is a physicians assistant this is some thing I should be very careful about doing, as well as using a condom every time with sex).  

(3)  Is there a way to give oral that will reduce the risks of me receiving HPV or throat/tongue cancer etc.

(4)  Risks of fingering her and receiving anything?

Thanks everyone for the help, I appreciate it.
1) Risk is HPV being aquired.
2) HPV rarely affects the mouth so no real risk but a dental damp can be used for protection.
3) You will not get cancer but HPV is a risk and as I said use a dental damp
4) Again small risk of HPV on the fingers.

Cancer is not passed along and the forum of HPV she has is not going to produce cancer in men.

Advise is to don't have any kind of sex when/if she has any outbreaks other then that just use a condom. My wife had HPV, we had sex, I never got HPV and now her body has removed it and she no longer has it.
My cousin informed me that the type of HPV that causes warts is NOT cancerous, and those that IS cancerous does not cause warts.  Because she has cervical cancer, does this mean I dont have a risk of the warts, or is it possible to receive them anyways.

So as long as I use a condom and the risk of HPV is still there, just not as great as a risk as unprotected.  Essentially, is the risk HIGH, moderate or low, as to receiving HPV by giving oral...or am I just being paranoid and over thinking the situation?
I am going to direct you to the HPV community, they will have better answers for you there. I have limited knowledge about HPV.
Should I repost this there, or will this automatically appear under that forum?
You would have to repost there.
Can you give me a link to where i should post? sorry, new here.
Almost at the top of this page you will see it in blue it says HPV community.