Hello everyone. I am new to the forums and though I would ask a question which started to become more of a concern now that I am seeing someone who has Cervical Cancer. I am 19 yrs old and in college, along with a female, also 19. She informed me that she has HPV and cervical cancer. We have not [yet] had sex, although she gave me oral once.
My questions are this:
(1) I am curious as to what my risks are if I were to have sex with her? I know HPV is pretty common nowadays and just looking out for myself.
(2) What are risks if I were to give oral to her(although told by my cousin who is a physicians assistant this is some thing I should be very careful about doing, as well as using a condom every time with sex).
(3) Is there a way to give oral that will reduce the risks of me receiving HPV or throat/tongue cancer etc.
(4) Risks of fingering her and receiving anything?
1) Risk is HPV being aquired.
2) HPV rarely affects the mouth so no real risk but a dental damp can be used for protection.
3) You will not get cancer but HPV is a risk and as I said use a dental damp
4) Again small risk of HPV on the fingers.
Cancer is not passed along and the forum of HPV she has is not going to produce cancer in men.
Advise is to don't have any kind of sex when/if she has any outbreaks other then that just use a condom. My wife had HPV, we had sex, I never got HPV and now her body has removed it and she no longer has it.
My cousin informed me that the type of HPV that causes warts is NOT cancerous, and those that IS cancerous does not cause warts. Because she has cervical cancer, does this mean I dont have a risk of the warts, or is it possible to receive them anyways.
So as long as I use a condom and the risk of HPV is still there, just not as great as a risk as unprotected. Essentially, is the risk HIGH, moderate or low, as to receiving HPV by giving oral...or am I just being paranoid and over thinking the situation?
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.