STDs Community
Runny nose after unprotected oral sex

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Runny nose after unprotected oral sex

In July of 2008, I had protected vaginal sex and unprotected oral sex with 2 prostitutes at two different occasions.  A week after the esecond encounter, I had a sore throat so I took antibiotics and I was okay after a few days.  By the way, this happened overseas.  When I came back home 3 weeks after the 2nd encounter I started having symptoms of a runny nose and a tingling sensation in my throat.  I get these two symptoms every few days and not all the time.  

The only unprotected sex at the 2 encounters was oral sex (Both receiving and giving).  I thought symptoms of stds that are transmitted by oral sex only occur at the genitals area, I am not sure about this.

Do you guys think that any of the symptoms I described (Runny nose and tingling in the throat) are symptoms of any std?

How long does it take for symptoms to appear and what symptoms should I watch for?

Thank you very much, your help is greatly apprecaited.
STD's do not tansmit well via oral sex. it is possible, but the symptoms are not realted to an STD. Symptoms do not come and go. Gonorrhea most of the time in the throat is asymptomatic. Herpes you would see a sore and the same with syphilis.
Thanks for your reply.  

So the runny nose and the tingling in the throat is not related to any std?  This is good and thanks for clarifying.

The symptoms should only be in the genitals area, right?

What symptoms should I watch for?

Thanks again for answering.
Runny nose is not a sign of an STD and combine that with a sore throat i would guess you have a cold.
Symptoms would be burning while urinating, discharge, or a sore.

Oral symptons would be most likely a sore on the mouth/lip or inside the mouth.
Thanks again.  Do you recommend I get tested for STDs?  
Testing is really your call. I will say that being sexually active it is a good idea to test. If you test and are clean then you know fo r the next partner that you are clean.

I would not test just based on your recent exposures. But see above.