STDs Community
STD / HIV Risk, Anxiety

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

STD / HIV Risk, Anxiety

Exactly a week ago today I had a sexual encounter with a sex worker. She performed unprotected oral sex on me for literally a few seconds (one pump only) and we then had protected vaginal sex. Ever since then I have been panicking and extremely scared regarding the risk of contracting an STD or HIV. Yesterday I got a pimple near my lips (not on my lips exactly), however, I popped it and it seems to be healing fine. And today I am feeling a slight itch and a slight tingling in my genital area. Am I supposed to be worried about an STD/HIV or is it just my anxiety that is causing my mind to play tricks on me by displaying these symptoms and I do not need to worry / test?
You had no real risk for STD's.
I have been feeling a pain in my knee for the whole day and I have iced it and it still does not go away. It is not an unbearable pain but it is an annoyance, could this be a symptom or am I overthinking?
See a Dr, has nothing to do with a STD.
So it could not be ghonnorea or anything of that sort because I read that some types of STDs cause joint pain. I'm sorry for annoying you but I'm just really anxious
It can cause joint pain after months and months with it. But even that is rare.
So I shouldn't really be worrying about it being and having HIV or any form of STD?
Reread my 1st comment
Hi, i am in the same situation of worriedguy128, but i am having anxiety of herpes, i had full std and hiv test 6 1/2 weeks later after potential exposure,all were negative, my encounter was with condom and minimum penetration lasted less than 10 seconds, i have no sores or blisters, but feel warm in my thighs and burning sensation in thighs, went to urologist at 9 weeks and he said i was ok, is this anxiety?
Start your own thread