STD - Long lasting symptoms.

I had an unprotected sexual intercourse and after two weeks developed gonorrhoea like symptoms (itching, reddish colour on the top of penis, burning sensation while urinating, urge to frequently urinate, cloudy discharge and tiny spots on the base of head of penis). I was traveling in Asia at that time and was away from any testing facility but local pharmacy had necessary antibiotics. I took one dose of cefixime (400mg) plus 2g of metronizadole plus 1g of azithromycin. After 2 days I have reached city and took tests (swab) for chlamydia and gonorrhoea - it came back negative (no surprise as antibiotic was already in my blood). Symptoms were still there (except discharge that change colour into transparent and watery) so I went to doctor. Got doxiciline (100mg daily for 15 days) and IM injection of ceftriaxone and repeated treatment with azithromycin (4 days x 500mg). Symptoms gradually improved after 3-5 days - discharge is very small quantity wise, tingling and itching sensation inside of penis is much weaker and burning sensation seems much weaker as well). But till now (it's 11 days since I have noticed symptoms and took first batch of antibiotics) I do feel still discomfort while urinating (mild burning), tiny spots remained in the same place and inflammation of urethra is still visible (reddish colour).
My question is how long symptoms of infection and inflammation of urethra can last?
I'm pretty sure I killed anything that was in me with this amount of antibiotics.  
What needs to happen is for all antibiotics to stop for 2 weeks. If you still have symptoms then see a Dr.