STDs Community
STD, and used underwear

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

STD, and used underwear

Dear Doctor,

I have read throughout the forums, but feel a need to ask my question as I feel like my situation played out slightly different and a direct answer will sufficiently end all my doubts.

I recently used my friend's washroom where on the door knob was a pair of used underwear. I had to close the door and subsequently touched the underwear as well. I proceeded to urinate at the toilet (touched my penis with the same hand to take it out). If the owner of the underwear has STIs will i be susceptible to getting infected?

Thank you
No
NO
So you wouldn't suggest me to do a blood work? If I insist, how long am i suppose to wait after my "exposure" to an STD do I get my blood tested? Thank you.
this was absolutely no risk. you don't need to get any testing.  

even if you had rubbed used underwear on your genitals, it still wouldn't be a risk for anything. touching is never a risk.

grace
Even if hypothetically the underwear was still wet and I rubbed it on my genitals? Sorry I just want to make sure. Thank you to everyone for your responses
still not a risk.

Is there an explanation for the lack of risk? If the underwear is wet from her bodily fluids, making contact with that fluid on her underwear with my genital does not equate to exposure to STD (if said person had STD)? Thank you once again.
just fluids alone aren't risk enough for std transmission. the indirect exposure you had was absolutely not a risk.

if you still are not satisfied with these answers, by all means pay to post on the std experts forum.