STDs Community
STD Diagnosis
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

STD Diagnosis

Dear Medical Expert,

how long must one wait after having unprotected sex before they can be properly diagnosed with (tested/scanned for) STDs? I want to be tested for as many STDs as possible.

Also, I in fact have mild yeast infection sysmptoms (approx. 2 days after the sexual intercourse), why would this be? This person was very hygienic and I showered directly afterwards (no moisture etc.). In general do not commenly get yeast infections (it has been years!).

Thank you so kindly for your expertise and confidentiality!
Best Regards,
Happy-go-lucky
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
101028_tn?1419606604
I never recommend self treating for yeast if you don't get them very often. Women only self diagnose vaginal yeast infections right 1/3 of the time so it's well worth going to be seen, get proper testing and making sure it really is yeast going on.

www.ashastd.org has a full list of std's , how to test for them and when to test for them for more reading.

Pretty much you can test for bacterial std's within a week after possible infection ,syphilis is 6 weeks I believe the current recommendations are, hiv and hsv are 3 months.

grace
Blank
Hello again,

so does this mean I must wait 7 days before getting an accurate test result for bacterial stds?

Let me ask the question so: is it possible for a man to transmit  to a women? (Ex. a man has sex with a women with a yeast infection, get the yeast infection but likely never has any symptoms, then has sex with another women and transmits it to the second women?).

Thank you so much in advance! This service is just amazing!

Very Best, Happygolucky
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
STDs Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank