STDs Expert Forum
STD Exposure Risks/Travel Planning

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

STD Exposure Risks/Travel Planning

Dear Dr. HHH,
Approximately four weeks ago I engaged in a risky "massage" from a female CSW in China.  As part of the massage, I had the following exposure risks: 1) In the shower, she touched all parts of my body including my anus with her hands.  2)  She provided "full service" by rubbing various parts of her body (including her vagina) against my body.  3)  Unprotected oral sex.  4)  Protected (I do not think that there were any problems with the condom) vaginal sex.  I only ejaculated during the protected vaginal sex.  Understanding that symptoms are not indicative of ARS (I had cold symptoms but no noticeable fever or rash), and that it has only been four weeks (I was tested at two weeks as part of annual blood work - negative), I am interested to know what my likelihood of exposure was.  I would like to plan a trip for mid-March (exposure in early January); however, if you believe that the experience caused a high likelihood of having contracted an STD (I anticipate getting tested again closer to the departure date to be certain) I can easily postpone the trip...I have read many of the threads on oral but had less success finding information about the other types of exposures...Thank you!
Tags: STDs, risks, Oral
There was no "option" in the HIV prevention forum because that forum had accepted the maximum number of new questions for each 24 hour period.  That means you have to try another day.  You can't get around the rule by bringing it over to this forum.

HHH, MD
I tried to post this comment in the HIV/Prevention forum but I did not see the option.  Sorry for any problems/confusion caused by this...
I apologize for not understanding the forum rules.  I now know for the next time.  Given that I am interested in your response in terms of both general STD's and HIV I am still hoping for a response.
STDs are transmitted by insertive vaginal or anal sex, rarely by oral.  They are not transmitted by non-penetrating skin to skin contact.  I see no reason for concern about either STDs or HIV.  Definitely such a low risk is not worth cancelling travel.

That's all I will have to say on this forum.