STDs Community
STD/Herpes or nothing?

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

STD/Herpes or nothing?

I recently noticed that i am starting to get small little red dots on my penis. They are not bumps yet or anything but I have never had this before. They are not on the head of the penis but they are below it and on the underside of the shaft. They are not hard but they are noticeably red. I just need someone to give me a good answer to what this is before i freak myself out. some of the dots r close together kind of and the others are not.
you need to be seen to find out what is going on. we'd totally be guessing.

odds are this isn't std related at all. more likely a fungal infection or irritation .

grace
Grace,

I have had this red like irritation on the left rim of my penis. It looks to be under the skin. However, whenever I wake up it gets really red and whenever I have sex it does the same thing. Then after little bit of time it goes away and close to back to normal but still a little red. IT does not itch hurt or anything. But it is just so frustrating how red it gets. I got tested 2 times in january and was clean. but idk what this could be. i was tested for herpes chlamydia syphilis, and gon. All came back negative. Can u please help me?
this isn't likely std related.

do you get seen when you have symptoms for a proper exam?
Okay. I went to my doctor when it showed up n he gave me Nystatin and Triamcinolone Acentonide cream and it didnt go away. Do you think it is just irritation or friction burn or what?  its been here for months i just want it to go away. I dont know how to do it though. After having sex with no protection and didnt really know the girl, i got tested a week after and then a month and a half after and everything was negative. If it is due to irritation or friction burn how do i get rid of it?
it just seems dry and irritated but i dont know how to make it go back to its normal color. any suggestions?