STDs Expert Forum
STD? Please help.

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

STD? Please help.

I have not had sex in 2 months. On Wednesday night I mastrubated using a sock. Thursday night I noticed big dry red patched of skin on the bottom of my penis and a small patch on top of my penis. Also right at the base getting into my pubic hair there were 3 raised flesh colored  bumps that were close to each other and smaller than a pinhead. I squeezed them and water came out. That was Thursday night. I put moisturiser and hydrocortisone on the areas. Now it's Monday and the red dry skin is gone and the spot where the bumps were is almost healed. It looks chaffed a little.

I do work on a farm and got what looked to be pimpes or bumps  ear my knees and one on my outside upper thing as well.. I am in the woods a lot. This was last week too.

I have been reading online and have been scared to death.
Tags: STD?
Welcome to the forum.

Of course you cannot catch any STD by masturbating.  My best guess is that you have simply abraded yourself with the sock.  Red bumps with fluid in the pubic area most likely is folliculitis -- i.e. minor irritation/infection of the hair follicles.  Lesions involving the knees could be the same.  If you have any STD, such as herpes, it's something you have had for a long time and are now having a new outbreak.

If your symptoms continue, see a doctor.  In the meantime, I see no need for worry about STD as a cause of this problem.

Best regards--  HHH, MD
One more thing.. When I say it's almost healed, it looks almost like a a fingernail scratch.. No bleeding and just barely into the surface of the skin.
Neither herpes nor any other STD can behave this way.  Herpes and STDs cannot heal so quickly.
There seems to be small scabbing over but not much. Like I said small cuts and not deep.  I would guess it will totally healed later this week.. anything with small blisters down there will make you worried.

Thank you for the help. I have been sweating and scared to death.
You're welcome.  I'm glad to have helped.
Having chosen to start a new thread with the same question, you'll have to continue with the more recent one. This thread is closed to new comments.